1 Peter 3:15 states, "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meek-
ness and fear."
Our Principal, at the school where I teach had asked me to draw a minuteman for him as it is our school's mascot. I ended up drawing two pictures as I ran out of room on the first one and could only draw to his waist.
Where our school/church is located, minutemen would stop there on their way to Lexington, MA to prepare for fighting in the Revolutionary War, so that is the reason for the minuteman mascot. When I was thinking of a title for this drawing, I was reminded of how the minutemen were given their name. They had to be ready at a moment's notice to protect their families and their homeland.
On a spiritual level, I am reminded that I need to be ready to give an answer for my faith in my Savior. That means I need to be in God's Word and to remember to let Christ be seen in me in all that I do. I need to be ready at a moment's notice as I fight a different battle...one for lost souls.
What about you? Have you made Christ real in your life? Are you ready to give an answer to your faith in the One who gave His life for you? Maybe you haven't made Him real...what's stopping you?
God's Plan of Salvation
1. All of us have sinned: "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
2. Sin must be paid for: "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life." Romans 6:23
3. Jesus Christ paid for our sins: "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
4. What must you and I do? "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13
5. How can we know that we are going to Heaven? "These things are written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life." 1 John 5:13
Karen's Artistic Thoughts
I decided as I was working on this website, that a blog would be a way to explain what goes through my mind as I work on each piece the Lord has laid on my heart.